Saturday, October 13, 2007

Some Random thoughts

Its come to my attention that there have been a lot of things since june 26yth that have not been posted on my blog. Apparently just because deborah set up my blog it doesn't mean that every time I say "put that on my blog" it gets logged. So here are some of my random thoughts.
First off when you call my cell phone and I don't answer you have two options; 1 leave me a message and not get called back, or 2 hang up and I'll call you back.
Its a waist of my time to call my voice mail only to hear a message say hey nic its (insert your name here!) please call me back when you have time. the great thing about cell phones is that it loggs when I've missed a call I can already see you have called me I don't need a voice mail waisting my minutes just to tell me twice. so if you are going to leave me a voice mail it had better contain everything you wanted to say - because I don't return voice mails. Text messages are great they take 2 seconds to read please send those instead. I don't have a lot of pet peeves but that is certainly one of them.
And another thing I've recently talked to a few folks about taxes and for some strange reason beyond me most people seem to think its okay to tax the rich. Most think it doesn't effect them and it helps the poor and some even have the silly idea that somehow they benifit from someone else being a bit poorer. Both of those beliefs are drastically wrong. Taxing the rich people is bad for the rich people the middle class and the poor people! Almost universally it would be better for the rich person to have the money and not the government, and here's why.
First off. I don't work for the Government I do however work for rich people, so who do you think signs my paycheck. that right a rich person. If my boss or the company I work for has no money - Guess what I don't get money. thats 100% guaranteed. but if your boss has more money it doens't necessarily guarantee that you are going to get some of it, but at least there is a chance. if they get taxed you have no chance of ever getting more out of them.
secondly. Charity is vitally important for the soul, and you cannot get the same blessings by having someone else (the government in this case) take care of the needy. a nation which rely's on its government to take care of the sick and needy is a nation without morals or compassion.
third. people that do not work for what they receive will gain little to no self confidence and will become dependent on others for there needs. work is also another one of those vital things for the soul. Men need to work to be truly happy. thats why the church's welfare program includes in the program that the recipients work if they can.
Fourth. (And this is a big one) No where in the constitution will you find the right for congress to take money from one person and give it to another.
In the early years of this country congress agreed to send some money to another nation to help out a starving people and James Madison was furious with them because they did not have the constitutional right to take the tax money and help out another people.
I'm not advocating to let people starve or suffer, thats what charity is for. In the war in heaven there were two plans, and Lucifers plan was not to plunder, kill and that sort of thing, his plan was to force people to do what was right (sort of like the democrats). it wouldn't work then and it doesn't work now. without free agency involved people become hard hearted and synicle.
What happens with the government programs is the same thing that happens to crack addicts. people become dependent upon what they are getting and so they have to keep voting for the leaders who provide it and it doesn't matter what those leaders do as long as they give them what they need. they could even get away with murder (Ted kennedy) and people will still love you as long as you don't murder them.
My last issue to talk about is another long one so I will add another post for it entitled "while I'm on the subject of politics".

No comments: